One of the options available for replacing your missing tooth or teeth is a dental bridge. Bridges are fixed dental restorations, meaning that they are non-removable and are anchored in your mouth to provide stability for your restoration. Our dentist may recommend a bridge to replace a single tooth or to replace several missing teeth in a row.
There are many benefits to dental bridges, including:
- Restoring your ability to speak, eat and chew normally
- Closing the gap between your missing teeth
- Relieving excess stress on the bite
- Preventing your remaining teeth from shifting out of place and becoming misaligned or changing the fit of your bite
- Supporting the shape and volume of your face
Bridges consist of an artificial tooth or teeth anchored to dental crowns on either side. These crowns hold the prosthetic tooth or teeth in place to restore your smile. The crowns may be placed on the teeth to either side of the gap or atop implants. Bridges typically require two appointments to complete. During the first, an impression is taken from which your bridge is created, and the teeth are prepared to receive the bridge. During the second appointment, the bridge is placed and checked to ensure that it fits properly.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Benjamin Silva and find out if a dental bridge in El Paso, Texas, is a good option for you, contact Silva Dentistry today at 915-591-4303.