Dental Crown Dentist
Dental crowns are versatile restorations and may be recommended for any number of cosmetic and restorative reasons, including:
- To restore a tooth that is significantly damaged or decayed
- To protect a tooth following a root canal treatment
- To anchor a dental bridge
- To complete a dental implant
- To strengthen teeth that are fractured or weak
- To restore teeth with a large filling or which cannot be treated by a filling
- To enhance the appearance of a tooth
- To improve the shape of a tooth
Dental crowns, or caps, are custom-made in order to ensure that they fit your mouth and smile perfectly. Crowns may be made from several types of material, including gold, but porcelain crowns are by far the most popular as they match the natural color and appearance of your tooth enamel. Crowns cover the entire visible portion of your tooth, starting at the gumline, to ensure that the tooth is restored to its original shape, size and function. Crowns can also be combined with a dental bridge or dental implant to replace missing teeth.
Most crowns require two appointments to complete: one in which the tooth is prepared to receive the crown and an impression is taken, and one in which the final crown is bonded into place to provide a lasting restoration. When you visit Silva Dentistry, Dr. Benjamin Silva will work with you to determine if a crown is the right option for you.
Give us a call today at 915-591-4303 to learn more about the benefits of dental crowns in El Paso, Texas, and schedule your consultation with our experienced dentist.